Monday, May 21, 2007

Let the Games Begin!

Are you sitting? 'Cause this will stun. Please sit... Ted had never been on the Kenyon-Devore Trail. Its true. We actually introduced Ted to one of the most magnificent trails in the Angeles. It went like this:

Us: C'mon, Ted we can start in at Red Box and if we do an easily coordinated car-shuttle we can catch the Kenyan-Devore up to the top of Mt. Wilson.

The King: I don't know that trail. How long is it? How steep? If its so good how come I've never been there?

Us: C'mon, Ted! It's not that steep and its shady all the way! You'll love this one. Trust us!

The King: I just don't know, it's hot today. Are you sure its shady? How can it be shady all the way? I've never heard of this trail.

Us: ooooo look at that Bobcat! Its a sign... let's go, Ted.

And so it went that we convinced Ted to give it a go. And what d'ya know? He LOVED it. I think. Anyway it was shady.

Kenyan-Devore is one of our faves. We must note that the blackflies are coming out and headnets will soon be in order. Also, the gain is about 2500. Well... did I mention it was shady?

No comments: