Monday, March 13, 2006

Do not feed or touch the horses

We heard it was snowing in the mountains, but we weren't there.  Instead we took the trail from Temescal Canyon to Will Rogers Park and I must say it was a beautiful day to appreciate a view all the way to Catalina.  And for my part, I wasn't sorry to be missing the freezing cold. 
 
We were early, the trail was empty and the park was quiet.  We startled one doe out for a stroll and we stood frozen in the trail as she watched us. 
 
And the end of a brisk five miles, we visited with the most enormous horse I've ever seen.  Sharon says maybe it was a Clydesdale.  Of course there was no camera but take my word for it, the horse was huge and he was king of the corral.  We watched a bit while he bullied his mates for the tastiest bits of breakfast and none of them put up a fight.  The sign said no touching but I couldn't resist and so we broke the law as well.  What is the punishment for touching the horse, I wonder?
 
 

No comments: