Thursday, May 16, 2013

Spring Equinox



I have expanded my garden empire and all I thought impossible has suddenly become possible.  I have taken over the front yard and none of the other tenants are complaining.  Why should they?  There is about to be a sunflower extravaganza such as this block has never seen!  There will be bush tomatoes, California wonder peppers and super sweet strawberries dangling above lemon thyme, Thai basil, chocolate mint and golden sage.  I admit a lot could go wrong with the produce but I will not believe that the tide can be turned on the floral explosion.  Despite the slow start, the compost is finally cooking.  When the snails invaded my newly planted paradise, I fought back.  I won!  My hopes are sky high!  Spring is upon us and as the days grow longer with light and possibility, the Russian mammoths are reaching up, up, toward the sun and sky of this that is Los Angeles.  Let us also hold our heads high and we too, shall prevail!

No comments: