Tuesday, May 30, 2006

With a little help from my friends...

Last week Sharon and Rick were kind enough to join me in my battle against the Manzanita Ridge Trail up Mt. Wilson. I think they were secretly sick of hearing me go on about it. "I've just got to try again" I whined "I have a new hydration plan!" So it was that we all found ourselves back on the trail.

This time, with Rick and Sharon in the lead, we paced ourselves. We made several stops on the way up and took time to listen to the woodpeckers. We drank lots of water and enjoyed snack bars and sandwiches. In the end we popped out at the top feeling fantastic! We did high kicks and danced shamelessly beneath the blue sky without a care in the world!

Ahhhh what a difference a day makes (+ a few extra quarts of water) I am happy to report we all returned home feeling pleasingly pummelled.

No comments: